Monday 16 June 2014

Lets have a little catch up!



To say the past month has been a bit of a whirlwind is an understatement, a very lovely whirlwind however. Huge apologies for the lack of content recently but fear not I am here, all forgiven? Good.

Ok so where to start, lets go back three and half weeks and get the bad, sad, worst update news out of the way. Freddie had a little accident, tripped on a toy and cutting right above his beautiful little eye, it was a mess - blood, tears, screaming, the lot so off we rushed to A&E. The staff, doctors and nurses were wonderful, I'm sure they deal with much worse on a daily basis but they made me feel at ease and Freddie not be in too much pain, he ended up having to have an operation under local anaesthetic to have a couple of stitches on the cut and clean the area, my heart broke when they had to put him under and I would not wish that upon anyone. If you have children that are poorly and have to under-go medical stuff frequently then you literally have all my sympathy and love in the world, you brave brave people! Thankfully everything went to plan and he was a lucky little boy that the toy landed above his eye and not 1cm lower. It hopefully should all heal up and barely leave a scar!

Sad update out of the way, lets go back four weeks. I received a call from my lovely dad informing me he had booked a little trip for himself, my mum, Freddie and I to visit my brother who lives in Austria. LOVELY SURPRISE, finding out we were leaving the following week, hectic! So three weeks ago (apologies for the all this week hopping that's going on) we flew over to Munich and travelled down to Austria for a five day break. It was so much fun - there's a blog post on the way! Freddie had a lovely time despite his poorly eye, I enjoyed being treated to a break and it was lovely to finally be able to check out the place my brother has been living!

Whilst we were away, I got another lovely but hectic surprise from my boyfriend. He decided to book a family holiday to Cyprus! Even though luckily we have been away every year since Freddie has been born, we've actually never been away just the three of us, so it was a lovely idea and surprise. We left five days after returning from Austria, I had just enough time to squeeze in a trip to the Trafford Centre, wash and re-pack everything up before we board a flight to sunny Paphos!

I feel extremely lucky that four weeks ago I had no plans to go abroad in 2014 and now I've barely been in the UK for more than 8 days! So look forward to a blog post from my time in Austria and Cyprus, my rather late monthly favourites, along with a few others I had already planned before my globetrotting adventures took over!

Have you ever been surprised by a holiday or where would your dream destination be?

Thank You all so much for reading and I shall see you soon

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment